The purposes of the athletic program for the participant schools are:
1. to assist, advise & aide the public schools in organizing & conducting interschool athletics;
2. to devise & prepare eligibility rules that will equalize & stimulate wholesome competition between schools of similar size, & reinforce the curriculum’
3. to regulate competition so that students, schools, & communities can secure the greatest educational, social, recreational & aesthetic benefits from the contests;
4. to reinforce the concept to all participant schools that athletics is an integral part of the educational program;
5. to preserve the game for the overall benefit of the contestant & not sacrifice the contestant to the game’
6. to promote the spirit of good sportsmanship & fair play in all contests’
7. to promote among the players, schools & communities a spirit of friendly rivalry & a respect for the rules; and
8. to forward the concept of accepting decisions of sports officials without protest & treating official as co-partners in the educational process of competition.
PLEASE SHOW GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM
University Interscholastic League Webite: www.uiltexas.org
Eligibility Forms, Previous Participation Forms, Steroid Agreement,and more.....